For all our mates coming to stay…
Some hints from Harry (Short Haired Border Collie) and Tully (Red Kelpie) - owners of Central Springs Cottage.
How we would like other dogs to behave on our property.
What to bring with you
- Clean bedding for you to sleep on.
- Clean sheets or throws to put on the furniture if you are inclined to lounge on the couch!
- Several towels to dry you off if you have been outside when it is wet or you have been for a swim in the lake.
- Your favourite toys.
- A coat if you are here in winter and you feel the cold.
- Your FOOD BOWL and FOOD!!! ( Don’t stress, the shops are just around the corner!)
During your stay please....
- park inside the cottage and close the gates before letting you out of the car. Keep the gates closed at all times.
- have your folks keep an eye on you in the garden even though the Cottage is fully fenced.
- be on a lead before leaving the property to go for a walk.
- go with your owners when they go out as you may bark from ‘separation anxiety’ from being in a strange place! There are close neighbours who would not appreciate the noise
About Central Springs Cottage
- We have made Central Springs Cottage very safe as it is fully fenced
- You can walk right to West Street and turn left down to the lake OR walk up to the main street
- You are allowed inside the Cottage to stay warm and dry in front of the wood burner or cool in the summer months. Some of you will enjoy being outside in the yard sniffing around and having a game.
- Please clean up your number 2’s (bags provided) and put the bag in the rubbish bin.
- You might like to sleep under the doona of your folks’ bed at home but at Central Springs Cottage it’s not acceptable because the human sheets end up smelly as does the bed and other humans staying don’t really like that much! So please don’t do that so we can ensure dogs are always welcome at the cottage.
- When you leave please ensure that the cottage is left hair free and all droppings are disposed of in bags provided and placed in the bin. Please take 5 minutes before you leave to check the grass and furniture, cushions and rugs. The vacuum is just a dust buster and not for serious hair vacuuming. So, if you need a better vacuum please let us know and we'll supply you with one.
Just remember your folks take full responsibility for you and your actions and any damage you cause to property or other animals will be the total responsibility and cost to your owners!
We know you’ll enjoy your break away with your family so we have left some ‘treats’ for you while your folks enjoy their glass of wine.
We are proud of the fact that people who have stayed without dogs have commented on how “one would never know dogs had stayed at Central Springs Cottage” so…